Monday, June 22, 2009

He's a BRANIAC!

Westin is a very smart puppy! He already knows how to sit, lie down, and stay on command.  I was very lucky that he was very willing to learn "down" because it tends to be a difficult command to teach.  The only problem is that Westin does not like to "perform" his commands in front of others. We will work on that!

School is out and I can't believe that I only have two years left of high school! Westin will be accompanying me in my classes next year.  I will have tennis the last period, so we are going to have to figure that one out - he will have lots of practice ignoring tennis balls this summer because once Westin is physically larger I will bring him to practices with me. 

How large was your pup when he/she fit into their "big boy/girl jacket?"

Westin playing with Jake

The big guy himself

5 comments:

  1. Lucky you!!!! Meade is very smart but he is stubborn!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Meado hasn't tried on a big boy jacket yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He will love going to school with you. Hayley and Amy play soccer so ShyLee is already use to soccer balls. You are in the same grade as Hayley, I didn't know that, you will have fun at Disneyland with her as well as the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right about "down" being difficult. It took us forever to get Cabana to do "down". I think I wasn't teaching her the right way, though--so it might have been my fault, not hers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catalina still does not fit her big girl jacket at 14 months. I have a huge tuck in the belly strap to keep it on. Catalina out grow her baby jacket at 5 months but did not receive her big girl jacket till around 6 months I then added big tucks in the straps so it would fit correctly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Westin!

    You are so cute!

    My Mama says I am cute too.

    She loves me so much she writes a blog about me.

    I am not a working dog... I was rescued from the pound by my Mama and Dada and I am their furkid.

    You can read my blog at www.puppydogdiaries.com.

    Woof!

    Puppy Dog

    ReplyDelete