Thursday, August 27, 2009

Down by the bay (and he's baaaaaack!)


Back at the end of July, my family and I headed over to the Monterey Bay, San Francisco Bay, and Santa Barbara areas, and we were lucky enough to bring Westin with us.  There's a blab about his eval at the end of the post, but I know you all just want pictures :)

Westin enjoyed walking along the water and rocks
Posing by the research center
Westin did an AWESOME job during his first hotel stay. Sadly, it was not at the Westin!  That is a must-do before he goes IFT :)
Westin sometimes gets nervous around floors with unusual textures.  At first, he was afraid of the wooden pier flooring.  We did lots of practicing on it, and he eventually forgot it was there!
Here's Westin at Stanford University!

I can't wait to travel with my boy again! He and I get to board a plane (but not actually fly) with our group this Fall.  That should be exciting!

Westin is back from his evaluation, and I am SO happy that my guy is home. To top it all off, he got a good report!  The report basically indicated that he is doing really well for his age!  The evaluator also seemed to get the impression that he is a very "excited" dog :)  While Westin LOVES to play, especially with other dogs, I often get comments about how calm he is in public and even from other puppy raisers.  I think that he is just right.  Westin's brother Winter also got an awesome report!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome!! I love those pics...especially the one at Stanford. Westin is SO cute!! :)

    Awesome about his eval report!! I love getting positive feedback...it's very encouraging. :) I've never met him, but Westin sounds like a *very* sweet puppy!

    PS...I updated my blog, too!! No pics...but there is a ginormous description of Mark's trip with me. :)

    -Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, He's all ready to attend Stanford, with his cute little jacket, and he's oh so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats. on a great evaluation. ShyLee gets spayed in a week and then she has her evaluation a few weeks after that. I can imagine what they will tell me. Let me know about Disneyland soon as this heat goes away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you have your boy back and he did well on his evaluation. He's making you proud.

    ReplyDelete