MySpace CountdownsThere are just a few days left until Westin comes home. Right now I'm on a mini-vacation 2 hours away from my house and I come back tomorrow. A silver heart tag that says WESTIN came in the mail the other day along with a very cute summery collar. Friday just can't come soon enough! What did you do to prepare for your new bundle of joy?
GOSH!!! You get Westin 2 whole hours before i get Mr. M!!! I am so jealous!
ReplyDeleteOh!!! And I am preparing by buying tons of toys!!!! And I got a big doggy crate for easter (weirdest gift ever, but Mr. M will love it!) and I stuck my 15 year old 6' 2" brother in it! He FIT!
ReplyDeleteI always like to have a little pre-puppy shopping trip. Even though I have most of the necessary stuff, I like to get a new collar and perhaps a baby toy or two. I probably don't need that stuff either, but it's one thing to pass a little time.
ReplyDeleteSo exciting...I always buy a tag, food, and a toy for each pup. I reuse Collars but still love getting a new pup! Can't wait to meet your new baby!
ReplyDeleteHa, bounce around me room...um...buy toys, write down a schedule, set up the pups area...practice getting ready to go out as if they were there....dumb stuff like that! lol
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see hiM!
Haha Mitch, puppy pick up is usually at one (california time) but for some reason it's at eleven now!! But we have to go through an orientation which is about an hour (it seems like FOREVER!), so it's really only like one hour apart :)
ReplyDeleteLOL - I never really planned on getting any of my dogs - not really - in theory yes, but NOT on a certain day.
ReplyDeleteWith Rhiley we were looking at dogs for like a month and when we saw her it was BOOM that's our baby and we took her home.
With Bandit, we had actually gone to the PetSmart to look at a different dog, and that dog didn't come that day. So we drove around to 2 other PetSmarts - saw Bandit at the last one and fell in love.
Little Bear was a BIG SURPRISE. We were taking a friend from out-of-town around to all our favorite places in Richmond. When we were at the SPCA - we saw Little Bear and couldn't get enough of him and decided to call our landlord right then to see if we could get him!
Madelyne was also a surprise - she was running loose in the neighborhood and we found her. Her owner came to get her - then called us a week later to see if we wanted to keep her (Madelyne missed my sister and because her owners had a little baby they couldn't keep going after her when she got out) - We were/are sooo happy to keep her
With Lily we had planned to get another dog. Bandit had just passed away and we wanted to get another senior dog. We looked at 2 or 3 - but I was set on Lily - who we had seen a month before on one of our visits to the SPCA. So on our next night off together we went to the SPCA to see if she was still there - she was and we took her home that night!
******
So we don't really PREPARE for our babies in Advance.
We do have a tradition of going STRAIGHT from where-ever we adopted them to the Nearest Pet Store to buy dog dishes, collars, leashes, I.D.s and new toys.
Just not in advance. :)
P.S. I like to type alot - can you tell???
ReplyDelete:) hehehe