Thursday, April 9, 2009

Say it with sign!


That's right, eight days left until Westin comes home!  Although I'm not screaming "I WANT MY PUPPY!" every five minutes like I did for two weeks before Mikah came home, next Friday just can't come soon enough.  

Puppy pick up is SO special and I hope I have butterflies in my stomach on that day like I did the first time around.  A few months ago, a woman in my puppy raising group who has raised some eight or nine puppies said that she loved being a first time puppy raiser because of the "sweetness and innocence of it all."  I kind of feel like that innocence was stripped away from me far too early. I am really hoping that I still feel all the excitement and jittery-ness this time .  I think I will once April 17 is closer (like one day away :) )  

Did your second puppy pick up feel different than your first one?

9 comments:

  1. Great way of saying it! I hope the next 8 days go quickly (for you and for me - April 17th is officially my last day of the semester).

    I think you will definitely still feel the excitement of puppy pick-up the second time around! It may be a little different (you kinda know what's coming, but it's still just as fun). No matter how many times I do this, I still love the counting down (well, or maybe I also hate that part), and the drive to the school, and the first time you get to hold your new baby in your arms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sam :) I just want it to be puppy pick up day!! The novelty of a countdown has worn off :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got more excited and bubbly in my stomach the second time around. Plus, there wasn't a fear involved. It was sheer joy with my second. I also allowed myself to fall in love with her much sooner than my first. In my opinion, it gets better the more you do it!

    Here's hoping this week flies by for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, second pickup was different, but every bit as exciting. I wasn't as scared the second time, because I knew I could do it. Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was really excited for my second, as my pup was career changed so early on....my third, I was even more excited for because I knew that I was able to improve on the mistakes I had made with Rei!
    I'm looking forward to puppy no.4 as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Speaking of, Erin, when is puppy #4 coming?

    ReplyDelete
  7. With my second puppy, I was just excited, only in a different way. I'd done it before. I felt more 'ready' almost, knew more of what to expect, yet was so excited I had the chance to do the whole thing over again!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Lisa, it's not nearly as scary the second time around. The first time you worry greatly about worrying this "charge" you've been given, the second time around seems to feel a bit more relaxed, like your second trip somewhere, there's less stress involved and most just pure joy :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. ruining* Not worrying! Sorry, it's late for me :-D

    ReplyDelete